Constitution of the Governing Bodies of the Regional Commission of the North:
- President Eduardo Bruno de Freitas Vivas
- Secretary: Vítor Manuel Oliveira Vasconcelos
- Treasurer: Paulo Jorge Rosa Santos
Vowels: Alexandra Carvalho Roeger Alexandra Carvalho Roeger, José João Fernandes Mamede
- President: José Carlos Tentúgal Valente
Vowels: Rui Manuel Vitor Cortes, João Machado Sabino Domingues Vilaça
The Portuguese Association for Water Resources (APRH), which currently has 43 years of existence, continues to be an active structure fundamental to the protection and sustainable management of water resources. In fact, its positioning, with a strong connection to technical and scientific knowledge in the area, and which has always been the basis of its Members, has allowed the distinction of APRH in the sector, being this one of the main assets of the Association.
On the other hand, never before has Portuguese society been so alert and aware to the issues of preservation of the environment and natural resources, with concepts such as preservation, sustainability or circular economy starting to enter the common lexicon.
In this sense, it is the Northern Regional Center’s vision that APRH should strengthen its role as an informative agent and of consolidated technical and scientific discussion, broadening the spectrum of action and visibility, in a differentiated communicational logic. This aspect, it should be noted, has already been a focus of the National Steering Committee, highlighting, from the outset, the publication of a weekly newsletter, of general dissemination, where, in addition to the events and activities promoted by APRH, is also made a list of the main news related to the environment sector and water resources, more particularly. In addition, a systematic report of events is now also made available on the APRH website, where a summary of the event is made, highlighting the speakers and participating entities, as well as a short summary of the main content of the speeches. As an example, we refer to the Event Declaration for possible consultation of the declaration of the 8th Seminar of the North Region, held in December last year in Esposende and with the theme “Reuse of Treated Wastewater in the North Region. A challenge?”.
On the other hand, at the Northern Regional Center (NRN), the current Board, which is now re-elected, has sought to promote activities and events that may generate greater recognition of the APRH in the North Region, as well as an approach to its Members and potential new Members.
To this end, the NRN, in addition to participating in actions and seminars promoted by other entities, spreading APRH to other audiences, has sought to direct its intervention to the realization of events, in adequate numbers, on current, relevant and worthy of disclosure and discussion themes, in which it has been possible to count on the interest and adhesion of a considerable number of participants.
Objectives of the application
This application is the result of the will to continue and consolidate the work done in previous bienniums, seeking to increase the presence of APRH in the North Region, focusing on contact and discussion of technical and scientific problems of Water Resources among Members and institutions with interest in these areas.
Thus, the present application presents, as main objectives
- Consolidate and diversify the information dissemination channels, as well as increase the expression of APRH in the North Region;
- To foster cooperation with public entities of the Northern Region (Local and Regional Administration, Management Entities, Universities, etc.), including collaboration in common activities;
- Represent the Association before other bodies or institutions in the North region;
- Actively participate in the Council of the Northern Hydrographic Region;
- Promote a greater connection with the Associates, namely, obtaining suggestions, in the form of questionnaires, for example, as well as encouraging the completion of the Associate Profile on the APRH website
- Carry out actions to disseminate and attract new members, namely among higher education institutions and attend meetings/seminars/congresses;
- Increase the articulation with graduate and post-graduate students and teachers in the area of Water Resources of the Universities of the North region;
- Hold the 9th APRH-NRNorte Seminar in 2021;
- Promote specialized debate-sessions, such as “Late Afternoon Chats”, on key-issues on the theme of Water Resources;
Porto, May 2021